Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Adventure

This months challenge for the 123 Scrapbook challenge is to use the colour olive, distressing and the word Adventure. I have a lovely series of photo's of Chloe's wonderful adventure in Asia. As a three year old she backpacked for six weeks through various Asian countries with Mum and Dad. This photo is when she looked at the local Fishermans hand made "boat".....I am sure that there is a more proper name that the locals call them. Olive is an unusual colour but once I started to work with it I really enjoyed the contrast against the white background  that I like using. A bit of distressing and inking around the edges roughed it up. I am a flower lover....both on my pages and in my garden....so just a couple of daisies that I spritzed was my allowance  and then I used green leaves to add further embellishment. In the middle of this my beautiful grandson came in and presented me with a flower from my garden. How beautiful! "Here you are Grandma. I thought that you might like it." Anyway back to the page. I also used a Kaisercraft stencil to add a little detail to the background using Jo Sonja craft paint in Olive. I then used the same paint to colour a die cut. And then I gave a light spritz all over. And done.    
Adventure
I think that I may actually be getting the hang of this I Pad thingy.  Because I have just managed to do this blog with only one little hissy fit. No tearing the hair out, no tantrum. All good. I hope you enjoy my page and Happy Scrapping. Heather B.  

5 comments:

  1. Love your take on the challenge and the flowers look great on each corner. Thanks for joining us at 123 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely take on the challenge criteria.. I love the hint of stencilling on the back ground.. thanks so much for joining in with the 123 Challenge blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout Heather, and an awesome use of the challenge criteria. Thanks for joining in at the 123 Challenge this month.
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the challenge. Perfect photo and colours. Thanks for playing along with the 123 Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work – this is such a great page. Thank you so much for joining in with 123 Challenge Blog this month.

    ReplyDelete